Saturday, June 4, 2011

Family History

I've spent the past 2 days doing a little research at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. One of the Mormons missions is to preserve, research, and maintain genealogical records. They have vast library here in Salt Lake as well as a huge storage facility for records kept on microfilm. Steven and I started off working with 2 guides. Everyone is assigned a guide free of charge to help get them started in their research. I spent 2 hours working with my guide and learning the best ways to go about using the resources that exist.
Today I was able to find my great grandparents marriage certificate from the files. I had to look through several years of marriage certificates in Bremer County, Iowa, but I now have this very cool scanned image. It's just amazing the things we were both able to come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment