Thursday, August 25, 2011

Space Needle and the Locks

Tuesday brought a visit to the Space Needle. Along with a delicious meal at the SkyCity restaurant at the top. The restaurant rotates the whole time you're up there and you get the most amazing views. We were seated staring out at the beautiful Seattle landscape.


Look, I don't even seem that scared. Maybe I'm getting used to this heights thing? Or maybe not?


The view from the restaurant.

My delicious meal. Chicken stuffed with local cheese, lemon ricotta ravioli, and the best fresh green beans I've had in a long time.

Cousin Wendy, Tom, and Steven at the Locks. This is the place where they get the boats from Puget Sound to Lake Union. The Locks are in place to keep the fresh water from being polluted with the salt water.

This was a huge yacht. I think I could use one of those! If the locks are sparked your interest, check out THIS website to see how they work.


Then we headed over to a water front park. Yes, I know this picture looks fake. I wish you could see the Olympic Mountains in the background. It was a beautiful day.



Another fake background photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment