Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rome, part 1

I know what you're all thinking, why is she blogging on her honeymoon. Trust me, we are in marital bliss right now but I don't want to forget this trip so I'm going to try and write some stuff down each night.
1. We flew business class from JFK to Heathrow. That was an amazing experience. It started off at the British Airways lounge where we had a drink and got 15 min chair massages. Then we were off to slumber land on the flight in our fully recline-able chairs. The food was great and I discovered a new love for the British Airways pretzel roll.
2. As we were coming off the flight, we realized Yoko Ono was on our flight. Star struck, of course.
3. The flight to Italy was the most beautiful one I've ever taken. We flew right over the English Channel and then hit the Swiss Alps.
4. Rome has been a dream. We got a great room at the Grand Hotel de la Minerve and the staff brought us chocolates and champagne. I'm enjoying a glass as we speak. We were able to tour the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps today. We both managed to find a perfect pair of Italian leather gloves at Sermoneta. After 2 glorious meals of pizza, pasta, and soups we're both ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment