Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Randoms

I am watching the Grammys, blogging, and making some wonderful baked oatmeal. You know, the usual multi-tasking. These baked oatmeal squares are the best breakfast/snack ever. They are only about 200 calories for 1/4 of an 8x8 pan size. That's a huge slice and you can pack it full of all the extras you want/need. Here's the recipe:
Baked Oatmeal
2 C Oatmeal (quick oats)
1.5 tsp baking powder
.5 tsp salt
1 C Milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup sugar (you can use white or brown, you can also omit)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon (you can use whatever spices you like, pumpkin pie spices are a good alternative)
fruit (optional, I use blueberries)

Mix together and bake for 35 to 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

It's best to store these squares in the fridge or freezer. I cut them and put them in a ziploc after they are cooled.

Oh, and remember when I said I'd no longer have any posts that wouldn't include a picture of this cutie. Not to disappoint, here's Mr. Copley with his new bone. He loves hiding it. (great!)

Today we bought him this little lion at Walmart. He LOVED it and had it destroyed in 30 minutes. (thank goodness it was a cheapie). It was hilarious watching him methodically pull out all the stuffing and chew off the lion's mane. And I'm a bad owner cause I should have taken it away but I was too busy laughing. I made Steven do the dirty work. 

1 comment:

  1. I have so much oatmeal, and I am all over baking these this weekend! Thanks for the recipe, Jill! I tried pierogis out this weekend with Jeff. It was quite a lot of work - making the filling, rolling the dough, and boiling, but well worth it! We have a lot frozen.

    I noticed your Forgotten Garden read. My book club read this. Not a huge fan... Thoughts??

    ReplyDelete